Want free domain traffic? Then get the perfect domain name!
You know you’ve got the ideal domain name when you’re automatically ranked high by one of the major search engines. Did you know that your domain alone accounts for about 20% of the vital factors that influence search engine rankings? Don’t lose heart, if you don’t have the perfect domain name that attracts loads of free domain traffic. Read on to get some tips that will help you choose an influential domain name.
10 Tips To Get An Ideal Domain Name For Free Domain Traffic
- Pick a dot com domain for the domain name of your chief website. This is a natural choice for online business and ranks high among the popular search engines.
- Don’t forget your country domain. If you’re based in India, you should register the version ‘co.in’ and establish a 301 redirect to your chief website.
- There are bound to be common misspellings of your chief domain. Register them and establish a 301 redirect to your main website. This is a wise way to get free domain traffic.
- Your domain name should contain your primary keyword, which is obtained by abbreviating your business into a single word. Yes, it should be just ONE WORD; not two words or a phrase. This word should be the domain name of your chief website.
- Look for a domain name that contains this word and a few other letters, if possible. You should use ONLY your primary keyword, plus a few other letters; no hyphens and no numbers. You can use your primary keyword either in the starting or at the end.
- Search for the top ten keywords that are related to the main theme of your website. “Wordtracker” is an effective tool for this search. For each popular keyword, register a domain. Build a content rich site on each domain. Write content for sub-directories in your main domain. Each of them will contain a theme in relation to the domain keyword. The home page of each of your content site should link to your main website. This is a smart way of directing all related searches towards your main domain website.
- In order to obtain a high ranking in MSN, register the version ‘.org’ of your main website domain name. This is because MSN prefers this version of domain names.
- Make use of a domain registration service that can register domain names in real-time. The registrar should also offer a 301 redirect service and a complete POP3 email.
- Dig in for expired domain names that may contain already existing backlinks. They are the key to instant free domain traffic as well as swift search engine listings.
- Last but not least; register domains for key-in/type-in traffic. That is names or phrases that people might type directly into the address bar.
Now, you’re all set to get free domain traffic !